This blog is going to be for anyone is starting to get out and their attending parties, fashion shows, networking events, or just hanging out with a massive group of people. Getting invited to social events or just parties in general is an exciting feeling. The most important part is finding out what to wear to this parties. In today’s economy not everyone has the extra spending money because your trying to save it for emergency,bills,apartment, a car or what ever the case maybe.
First thing first is to see what you have in your closet. Separate the clothes into categories to help you see what you have more and unless of. The categories could be shirts, blouses, pants, dresses etc. Now take a step back pick out the items that could be worn to special occasions. Even if the pile is big or small put them in a separate dresser or a section in your closet. This will help you locate them easier rather then panicking and reaping your room or dorm apart.
Onces you seen whats missing from your woredrobe make a list of must have items. If you know your on a budget let’s make sure your list is realistic and if your lucky enough to spend all you want then increase the list. Even if I have the extra money my list is no more then 5-8 items and my budget often range from $50- $75 (this is all items together not seperate.)
- skinnies,flare jeans, and tights always look great with heels or wedges.Personally for me I don’t wear jeans with allot of special stiching. It keeps me from wearing them again because everyone will remember your the girl with logos on the pockets so have acouple of jeans with no fancy stuff on it and less with special detailing.
- If you know the place can get cool grad a blazer and wear a simple top underneath it. This is playing it safe but with a clean stylish simple look.
- With tops I have learn you can do so much with one shirt long shirts can be worn as dresses or tucked in some as a shirt. You can add a belt around the waste. Same with dresses you can add a cool belt or costume jewelry to bring some flavor.
- Shoes- purchase black pumps if you have a pair already try nude or a fun bright color.
- You want to have clothes that you could play with and mix and match. This will help you have more opposition trust me this saved me a lot back in high school and college. A variety of items comes in handy when traveling as well.
- Accessories yourself that’s another important thing to remember. Try buying jewlry that comes in a pack or buy 1 get the second one half off. In the fall a simple scarf can replace a necklace.
- Make up always help draw peoples eyes on your face rather then you outfit or lack of party attire. Do something smokey and chic. Don’t pack your face if its not a Hollaween party just make sure you still look some what natural to show your inner beauty.
Next time when your shopping and you see something you want thinking about at lease 2 or 3 items you already have that will match it.
Here are some casual, evening, and cool laid back trendy items I put together to help you have a better idea on how to mix and match items for different outfits and occasions.
You can also play with this yourself at http://www.polyvore.com/….so enjoy